Industry: Engineering, Steel Fabrication – Chris, Owner
Total R&D costs: £366K
Amount successfully claimed: £68K
- Although being a leading engineering firm within their region and carrying out qualifying R&D for the past 30 years, they had never utilised HMRC’s tax incentive.
- Worked closely with the client to help them identify all qualifying projects. 2 year backdated claim allowed us to also claim for ongoing projects.
- Increasing resilience against environment in railway electrical components.
- Improving waterproofing in offshore electrical components.
- Successfully earned client a tax rebate, with scope for further 3 years of claims on 2 year back dated projects. We are able to claim for a total of 5 years’ R&D costs on any one project and we continue to work with them to claim for continuing and new projects.